Don't Let the Thoughts Get Stuck in Your Head


One of the scariest places in the world can be your own head. When it seems like the thoughts won't stop, when they keep turning in what seems like a tighter and tighter circles, you have to do something to turn them off. As it seems to grow tighter and tighter, the thoughts usually also turn more cruel until it can be unbearable. You have to find a way to step out of that vicious circle. There is a way out of that circle, you just have to work a little hard to find it and you can. It can take some energy to unwind all those thoughts.

One of the traits of mental illness is, basically, being a bully to yourself. Telling yourself all sorts of lies. You aren't good enough. Something is wrong with yourself. You don't have what it takes. No one likes you. The list goes on and on. Let me tell you right here and now - they are lies. You are good enough. Yes, you have an illness but there is help for that. You do have what it takes. There are so many people that not only like you, they love you deeply. Don't believe the lies. Stand up against the worst kind of bullying. The kind that you do to yourself. The pain that develops eats at your very soul until there isn't anything left. You can't ever let it get that far. That is the point of no return and none of us want anyone we love to go through that.

When I was unsuccessful with suicide, I ended up getting involved with too many drugs. It offered a solution for me. Still, not the right one, but it got me out of my head for a little bit. They say that suicide and drug overdose are two different things. They aren't. The drugs are just another means that people turn to get away from the mental illness. It's another path. We may not always choose the right path. The path we need to take starts with hope. Hope to get out of head and into some therapy of some sort. A means to help us get out of our heads and into a future. A future that can be much brighter than we have seen for a long time.

Do yourself a favor right now. If your thoughts are spinning in circles, just say Stop. Say stop, I want to get off this roller coaster of pain. If you feel like you have no where else to turn, you are wrong. Imagine yourself as someone else. What would you say to that person to help them get off the vicious circles. Most people that are afflicted with this will also cover their pain up by trying to make sure that others aren't suffering with pain. So, imagine yourself as another person and do the steps that you tell them to do. It's a start.

I am not a professional by any stretch of the imagination. I am a Mom that lost my daughter to suicide. I'm someone that has dealt with suicidal thoughts and depression. I am a survivor. I survived my depression and my suicidal thoughts. I survived losing my daughter when her life should have been blossoming. Don't let the lies of mental illness rob you and your loved ones of a beautiful life. You can win! There really is hope.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

RIP Heather

No One is Perfect

Happy Birthday Heather - I love you! Always!