What's Your Story?


Quite often, on our blog, we share stories of the loss of some great people. We also want to include those success stories that people are willing to share with us. Has something made you think of suicide or drugs and something or someone stopped you? We would love to share your story! Please contact us and we will work with you to get your story shared! These are important stories and people need to know that there is hope available. Contact us here on our blog and use our contact form or on our Facebook page and we will work with you to get your story shared.

There are so many reasons that people choose the paths they take. When I was younger, I learned all about molestation and rape. The main problem was, I was told to hide it. Don't share or people will think less of you. What did that teach me? It taught me to think less of myself. Don't hide your problems. By the time I was in junior high school, I tried to take my life. No, I wasn't successful, but I learned then that I hurt my family very much.

My next solution was alcohol. No, I wasn't of legal age to drink, but if a person wants to drink, they will get it. Well, the alcohol wasn't really doing the trick so it was easy to add drugs to my list. Now, I look back on all that wasted time in my life and I know that none of those were solutions, all I was really doing was adding more problems on top of the past ones.

One day, we were partying and I guess I was doing a lot of drugs then. I had a good friend of mine make a simple bet with me. (I am a very competitive person.) Anyway, they bet me that I couldn't have one day without speed in my life. Simple enough, I thought. Well, those 24 hours were very hard, but that simple bet got me off of the drugs. That was decades ago, but it's still something that goes through my mind at times. It's a lifelong decision to stay off of drugs.

Many times, we will be out with some friends and the next thing I know, is drinks are being offered. While I know I am not an alcoholic, I do know that alcohol gave me permissions to do things that I might not want to do. If, and that's a huge if, I have a drink, I limit it to the one. I do NOT want to get drunk because all these years later, I still worry that I will sneak back into the life of drugs. To me, that is very scary. I never want to go back there. Yes, when things start looking their darkest, sometimes I am tempted, but so far, and hopefully for the rest of my life, I will stay clean.

I know that Heather decided to end her life and one of the last things she did before she pulled the trigger was to drink excessive amounts on alcohol. She used that liquid courage to pull the trigger. Her life is over. There is no undo button. If you are ever hurting and need some courage, pray, talk to a friend, anything except turning to the bottle as your solution. You will end up making some very bad decisions that you will pay for the rest of your life. Remember, there are people that love you and want to help you.

One of the next sections we will  be working on for our blog is some contact information. Yes, right now we are located in Sussex County, NJ (and for my oldest daughter, Lee County, FL). We are going to start researching some helpful numbers and website that you can turn to for help. It will take a bit to get it going, but we feel that this will be helpful information. As our website grows, we can hopefully expand and offer this throughout the entire USA, but it all has to start, one step at a time.

Please, if you are hurting, get some help. If you have a story you want to share, please contact us and we will help you tell your story. You will be surprised to see how many lives you can touch just by sharing. Thank you!

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

RIP Heather

No One is Perfect

Happy Birthday Heather - I love you! Always!