Every Day More and More People Amaze Me


I would give anything to have Heather with us again. We tried to do things with them. We tried to raise them right. I told them over and over how much I loved them all. They deserve everything. I love all my girls so much. I may not be able to hug Heather anymore, but there isn't a day that goes by that I don't talk to her and still let her know that I love her.

We need to be there for our kids. We need to teach them right from wrong. We need to show them that they are loved. We need to listen to them. Summer is here and this should be an enjoyable time. We live in an apartment complex, but we have a blow-up pool to use for those warm days. Carter enjoys some fun too. Instead, more days than not, I opt to let him play indoors.

We have new neighbors. I have tried to get along with the kids and include them. No more. The kids are in elementary school - maybe 5 and 6. They don't listen when we ask them to play nicely. It's not like there is anyone out there watching them and I have finally decided that is not my job. Supposedly their grandmother is in the upstairs apartment watching them. I don't know how - while there is a window she could look out and watch them, it doesn't wrap around the whole complex so no, she can't see if they get hurt or if they misbehave.

The past month has put me over the limit. I have had dirt thrown in my grandson's face, he has been hit by a stick, he has heard more bad words than I care to educate him to. He has heard how this one kid say I want to kill you. I want to hurt you. Even after telling this child to throw away the plastic from the ice pops, this kid will go out of his way to throw them on the ground. Approaching the parents? Well, the father just let us know when he is misbehaving and we will teach him a lesson! How about teaching him in person? How about raising your own kids? Didn't you have kids because you wanted them?

I lost my daughter to suicide, partly because she cared too much. The world was a very painful place for her. She thought it was unfair to make her live in this world. I applaud all the parents that raise their kids, that are there for them, that teach them right from wrong. Please, if you have kids, spend time with them. Help them grow into the adults that you want. Yes, it takes a village to raise a child, but that doesn't mean the village is going to raise your child for you. Love your child. Be there for them. One day, you might not have that option.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

RIP Heather

No One is Perfect

Happy Birthday Heather - I love you! Always!