Suicides are so Painful


Each time I hear of another suicide, I just want to cry. It brings the pain from losing Heather, my beautiful 22 year old daughter, back to full force pain. This is my baby when she was younger, with my middle daughter Amy and my sister Joan, taking a walk around Packanack Lake. Never in my wildest nightmares did I ever think that one day I would be feeling the pain from losing her. There is no other way to put it - this sucks, big time.

Heather was beautiful. She was always running around making sure that everyone was happy and doing well, but she passed over herself. To her, she was not worth the effort. Mental Illness kills and until we all step up and let people know that this is happening all the time, and that it's ok to need help, it will continue.

We can't hide this under the rug, we can't sweep past it like it doesn't matter. It matters, big time. 1 in 4 people are affected by Mental Illness and it is so easy for so many to hide the pain they are feeling. We need to make it easier for people to get help! Stop judging others and start helping them! Let people know how you feel, when something is putting you over the edge. No one wants to live without you in their lives. You are important to so many more people than you know.
We made up these cards that we are handing out so that others may know that they can get help. I truly don't think Heather would have called the 800 number, but if she knew about it, she may have texted for 24.7 crisis help. Most cellular providers offer this as a free service, some don't, but please, if you are hurting, please talk to someone instead of taking your life. You are important! The world needs you!

It seems like the pain will never leave. Random things make me break out in tears. It's awful. Please. If you do anything else today, let someone you know that they are important to you. It's not an easy conversation, but the choice could be that you become a suicide survivor. You don't want that - trust me. We all know the pain. Share this and let others know that there is help and that they are not alone.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

RIP Heather

No One is Perfect

Happy Birthday Heather - I love you! Always!