Summer is Here and I am Not Ready


The nicer weather is starting to arrive (although I am told we are heading back to Spring weather this week.) I love the warmth of the sun. Summer must be my favorite season. It just doesn't seem like summer this year. Festivals and special abound and I feel like I must drag myself to certain events but I still can't get my head in the game. I love looking at the pictures of my beautiful girls and my handsome grandson, along with their friends, but all the new pictures do is emphasize that there will be no more new memories of Heather.

Pain. Pain is what Heather knew. So many people suffer in silence. If all the voices were heard and felt, it would be like the pain was screaming through so many that we love and care for. The problem? So many hide the pain. They don't feel like it is normal. They don't feel worth it. What they feel is pain. The way to end the pain is to share what is causing it. Don't hide it anymore. I know you guys don't want to feel this pain. Some days, it's still hard to sleep, some days, it's impossible to wake up. I know you don't want to live like this. I know I don't want to. It's like my life has been in limbo for way too long, but

One of the things that I have heard repeatedly since we lost Heather. She seemed so happy. She always had a smile on her face. She was always willing to lend a hand. She was there for everyone. I hear this about so many that have taken their lives. Does that mean that everyone that laughs all the time is secretly in pain on the inside? I would hope not. I'm sure many are happy. However, I know that more people are contemplating taking their lives. We have to let everyone know that suicide is not the answer.

We need to let everyone know that the pain we all feel at times does not have to be life crippling. We need to let everyone know that they need to talk about the pain to get it to end. We need to let everyone know that putting on a brave face isn't helping anyone. 1 in 4 people are affected by Mental Illness and so many are not even aware. That's why we need to keep sharing. We need to let people know that a perfect world doesn't exist but that together, we can all be stronger.

We need to raise our kids and let them know that when they hurt, physically or emotionally, that it is normal at times and that it's best to talk about it. Don't be ashamed! There is nothing to be ashamed about! We need to go back to basics. We need to show people that we do care. We need to teach people to do to others as you would have others do to you. Treat people how you want to be treated. Care. Listen. Offer hope. Who knows? You might just save a life with kindness!


Comments

Popular posts from this blog

RIP Heather

No One is Perfect

Happy Birthday Heather - I love you! Always!