Another Month Winds Down Without Heather


Nine months of my life have disappeared. If I look back over the time that we have spent without Heather in our midst, there aren't too many moments that stand out. It seems like, for the most part, I have just existed. Nothing more. Nothing less.

I am trying to go forward, one step at a time. It's not always easy and there are times, I can't even take a step at all. Sometimes, like in real life, sometimes I just need to pause and catch my balance. That is usually easier said than done. I love all my girls so much. It hurts when people say that I have 2 daughters now. No, I have 3. One of them may be an angel, but she is still my daughter. Suicide didn't change that.

These days I do know that Heather will not be walking down the path from the parking lot, but it doesn't mean that I don't wish she still could. I know she won't be stopping over for a few hours for something to eat and a nap before heading out to work. I still wish she could. That is one of the hardest things I have had to do. I had to accept that the Heather I knew is now an Angel.

Acceptance is hard but it is necessary. I also accept that I still need Heather's angel to be a big part of my life. I need to keep sharing and trying to help others see that suicide is not the solution. Drugs aren't the solution. I need others to realize that Mental Health is so important and that we are losing our very souls to an epidemic that is being swept under the rugs. Wake up and smell the reality! Unless we start opening our mouths and really letting others know that they need to talk about Mental Health issues and sharing where help can be found, we are going to keep losing one beautiful soul after another.

Together, we can share and help raise awareness for Mental Health. Together, we can save lives.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

RIP Heather

No One is Perfect

Happy Birthday Heather - I love you! Always!