Sticks and Stones May Break Your Bones, But Words Could Surely Kill You


If I could wish for one thing, besides wishing for my daughter Heather to be back with us, would be for people to mind their words. Words can cut like a knife, and in some cases, can drive someone to end the pain of those words by taking their own life.

We all have people in our lives. Some are family, some are friends, some are friends that we feel like family with, and some are just random acquaintances. If any of these people can cause you the pain that will drive you to take your life. STOP. Get that person out of your life. KNOW that you are so much better than the pain they are causing you.

This past weekend, I had to kick one of those people out of my life. While it is hard, I couldn't listen to the pain that their reckless comments caused. I was told to get rid of all of Heather's things and pictures, get over the suicide and just forget about it and move on. Those are some of the cruelest words you could say to a person, especially someone that has lost someone very close to them by suicide. I will NEVER forget my daughter, but I will do my best to forget about this person for the rest of my life.

Yes, I have found from talking to others that usually, when someone can be that cruel, it is because there are things in their lives that are hurting them. However, this person was so cold, that by the time I got off the phone, I was so upset that all I could think of was joining Heather and getting away from the pain that this world can cause.

No, I am not suicidal. Yes, this person drove me there, but Amy, Carol and I all made a vow to never take the path that Heather chose and I would never wish to add more pain to my beautiful girls. We have enough pain with the loss of Heather. Instead of taking my life, I decided that I need to do more for suicide awareness. As for this person, maybe it is cold of me, but they are no longer welcome in my home or to even call me. I am done with them. The knife of those words cut through my very soul and I can't live like that.

Holidays are very tough for so many. Suicides increase and personally, I am so tired of hearing that another person has decided to end their pain once and for all. That will never be my option and the fact that this one single, selfish, heartless person almost drove me there, means that they can no longer be in my life. I wish them the best and I hope they solve their problems, but I will not put up with that pain anymore.

Be kind with your words. If you can't say anything nice, then don't say anything at all. So much negativity has been shared over the past few months, sometimes it is hard to believe that we are really human beings with a soul. Stop trashing others. If you can't build someone up, don't take the option to tear them down. Life can be better than that. Life doesn't have to be cruel. No, there isn't a politician in the world that is going to make us better people. We need to choose that ourselves. We need to look for the good and drive out that bad from our lives.

Look for the good in people. If you can't find it, walk away. There are truly some people that are just too self centered to ever really care about another person. Arguing with them isn't going to help. It will only hurt you more. Imagine a world where all of us tried to build up the other person instead of tearing them down. The only ones that are going to change that is ourselves.

I do hope this person gets their life together, but since they have repeatedly shown me that they only wish to dish out more pain, I can't accept them in my life anymore. I will continue to strive to save lives and build others. Join me and together, we can make a difference and make this world a much better place for all.


Comments

Popular posts from this blog

RIP Heather

No One is Perfect

Happy Birthday Heather - I love you! Always!