Heather Chose to Die by Suicide


Heather didn't want to live in this world anymore. She made the decision, and no matter what all of thought, this was her choice and it was the wrong choice. Death by suicide is a decision and no matter what you feel, this is not a decision to make. There is help out there. It may be tough, but there is help out there and this doesn't end your pain. It just transfers that pain to those living with your decision.

The pain of losing Heather doesn't go away. As her Mom, I feel it all every day and I will feel this pain for the rest of my life and this is no cure. Her sisters will feel that pain. They will never all be together again to make silly faces with each other. To talk with each other. To cry with each other. Nothing can undo her decision. I would do anything to have her back, but there is nothing I can do to change her decision.

I do understand that she didn't want to live in this world. The world is awful these days. People feel entitled. Racism is rampant. Politicians around the world make rules and laws that benefit themselves instead of the people. It's a selfish, greedy world. It's a "me, me, me" world. So, what do we do? We can't turn to our leaders to get help. I don't care what political party you root for, they only care about themselves and their agendas. Unless you have something that will make their life better, they could care less about what you really think about things.

What can we do to end the pain and frustration of living in this world today if we don't have the option to die from suicide? We can be the change. We can stop looking at ourselves and look at our neighbors, friends and family. What can we do to make their lives better? If we look at those around us and start helping their lives, it will our own life! Doing good for others feels good. Each of us have dopamine receptors in our brains and there are studies around that talk about how those that commit suicide show low levels.

We need to increase our dopamine levels. Dopamine is the brain receptor that helps you trigger happiness and peace in ourselves. I found an interesting article on the web and you can click here to read it. We all need to do some more research into this area, myself included. While I will never get to spend the time laughing with all my girls together, I still have 2 left that I want to make sure that I can enjoy time with for the rest of my life.

Is there anyone in your life that you would feel their absence if they chose to die by suicide? If you can think of one person, you need to join me in researching this area. I saw another article, and I can't remember where I saw it, but they said a lot of times that people are really hurting, they start texting a lot because those little beeps that indicate a response help trigger a little dopamine. So, next time someone sends you a text, instead of saying, yeah - too busy to reply, send a reply. I understand that we can't all text at all times during the day, but your next free moment, send a reply, even if it's to say that you are busy and would love to chat more with them.

There is help and it can be found. We all have to stop living in this world and start making changes in our own lives that will make the world a better place. If we don't, we could spend a life that becomes a nightmare.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

RIP Heather

No One is Perfect

Happy Birthday Heather - I love you! Always!