Be the Best You That You Can Be


My girls loved to make silly faces. That's for sure. So many people will try to tell you what is the best way to be. I will tell you this. The BEST way that you can be is to be completely yourself! So many people come into our lives because of who we are. Then, many try to change you to be more like them and not yourself. If someone can't accept you for you, maybe it's time to move on.

Yes, we all change through the course of our lives, and hopefully, for the better. I was with one guy and while he told me all the time that he loved me, he constantly tried to change me - to be more like him and less like me. To keep the peace, I changed me. I have to say now, that I wasn't changed for the better - I was changing into a clone of him.

If you are true to yourself, you won't have to lie. You won't have to make up stories. You can just live your life. No, it won't always be happy, but at least you won't have to try to remember to do things a certain way, act a certain way. Just be yourself. We were all born unique and that is what makes us all special. Together, all our differences make for a much better world!

On the same note, be true to yourself. So many tell lies all the time. Not only to others, they also lie to themselves. Instead of having to remember all the lies, wouldn't it just be easier to be honest - especially to yourself! Before anyone else will accept you as you, you have to accept yourself as you. No excuses, no stories. Own up to being yourself. It's a much more peaceful way to live. Trust me, if you lie enough, no one will believe you, about much of anything in the future.

Remember this also. Be accountable for your actions. No one can make you do anything you don't want to do. Yes, I guess there are extenuating circumstances, like if someone had a gun to your head, but for the most part. we are all accountable for our actions. No one is perfect and if you mess us, admit it. Don't make excuses. Own what you did. Yes, there may be repercussions because of it, but it's much better to get over with that and go back to living instead of stressing whether someone will catch you in the lie. Learn from your mistake and try to improve yourself.

Now, if you don't like the way you are, then yes, change is in order. Make it a change for the better and take steps to make that the new you! We all are changing constantly. Right now, I am working on being more consistent on the blog and on a few other things. I'm trying to get things in order. With everything that has been going on in my life, I admit, I really don't even like being around a lot of people. I can only handle them for so long and then I want to go back inside and just chill. I used to love going out and now it's like I live to be a hermit. I am trying, but it will take time. Step by step I will get there, but it will take consistent action on my part.

I'm also working on eating a healthier lifestyle. Again, it will take time to make the changes, but eventually, these changes will become habit. Now, I was reading and sharing yesterday about dopamine and foods that are good to increase and one of them was strawberries. Well, my daughter didn't see strawberries at the store when she went, but she did pick up bananas and apples. However, she picked up raspberries and she grabbed them. While they aren't on the one list I saw for dopamine, they are a good antioxidant so they are still good. Dark chocolate is on the list for dopamine, so I figured I would kill 2 birds with 1 stone so to speak. I dipped the raspberries in dark chocolate and that will be my treat later in the day.

Anyway, remember - be the best you that you can be. Every day you will get a little better. Have a great day!

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

RIP Heather

No One is Perfect

Happy Birthday Heather - I love you! Always!