Today is a Day That Heather Planned for Us


Heather loved to plan things and get us doing things all together. One of Heather's favorite things to do was to go to the movies. Every year, for her birthday and for my birthday, she would make sure we all got together and went to see the latest movie that we would all love. About a week before she passed away, she was questioning how we would all go together because Carol had moved to Fort Myers. She decided that we would all just have to go see the latest Hunger Games movie at the same time. Even if we couldn't be together, we would still all watch it together.

Today is the day. We are going to see the movie today for my birthday. Tomorrow is really my birthday, but with everyone's schedules, we are going today in her memory and to try to keep her tradition alive. I'm not sure how my birthday became a movie day, except for the fact that my birthday is around the launch of the new movies for the holidays. Yeah, Heather took over my birthday too. We basically did this twice a year - her birthday and my birthday. I was never really big on going to the movies, but for my baby, we will continue the tradition.

I hope she hasn't cheated on us and seen the movie before us. I am hoping there are some sad moments during the movie, because I just know that I have to bring some tissues with me. It's going to be hard watching it without her. I don't know who she will watch with, Carol or Amy and I. Perhaps, from Heaven, she can watch with all of us. I'm not really sure how that works, but all of us will need her with us today to get through this.

I am still working on her bookcase. I have it all primed. The only things left to do is to paint the base coat and then to attempt to copy some of her artwork onto it - to make it all Heather. I don't know that I will be able to paint tonight. I think the movie will take about all I can do today.

Heather, if you can read this, please know that we are going to try to enjoy this with you, but that every year on my birthday, no matter where I am, I am going to try to keep your tradition alive. I love you, baby, Always!

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

RIP Heather

No One is Perfect

Happy Birthday Heather - I love you! Always!