Sharing Your Feelings Could Save a Life


All too often when we feel depressed, we try to hold it in. We don't want others to know that we feel less than perfect. We try to hide. That is exactly the complete opposite of what we should be doing! We need to open up. We need to share. 1 in 4 of us are effected by Mental Health in one way or another. We need to let others know that we feel the same way at times, but also be sure to tell them how you worked your way out of it.

We need to take Mental Health out of the closet and out into the open. Heather told us in a note that she thought others would think she was seeking attention, so she hid her problem. I could have easily told her that I had thought about taking my own life, but was so glad that I didn't. I may even have some bad days, but I know that I won't ever take that option. For me, the turning point was losing Heather to suicide. I know I could never cause the pain that her death has caused us. Before Heather, what kept me going was that I was sure my girls would hate me for taking my life. I know now that is the furthest thing from the truth. They wouldn't hate me. They would be condemned to a life of pain.

What keeps you going? Find what keeps you going and focus on that when things start getting rough. Don't wait until you are having a rough time of it. You need to really do some self-thinking and figure out one thing - one important thing - that means more to you than anything. Someone that you know would suffer a life of pain from your actions and instead, ask for help.

If Heather had asked for help, all of us would have done everything in our power to help her. We weren't mind readers - most of us aren't. So please, if you are hurting, ask for help. Find your safe person to talk to. Someone that you know won't judge you, but will love and encourage you to help solve whatever it is that is drowning you into such desperate thoughts.

If you are in crisis, in the USA,
call the National Suicide Prevention Lifeline at
1-800-273-TALK (8255) or
Text Free 24/7 a day - START - to 741-741


Comments

Popular posts from this blog

RIP Heather

No One is Perfect

Happy Birthday Heather - I love you! Always!