Believe in Yourself!


It seems like the world is full of people who just can't take the pressures anymore. Each day I seem to open up new posts about more leaving our world. Heather had so much talent. I wish she had believed in herself more. She couldn't see her own talent. I wish we had more of her drawings, but most of the time, she was grabbing chalk and coloring with Carter.

No matter who you are, no matter where you are, know one thing! You are worth it! You are worthy of being here. If there is one thing I wish I could undo, it would be Heather's suicide. Every day I miss her so much. I do understand she was in pain and that she felt like she couldn't talk to anyone. I can't do anything to change that. I will tell all of you that I will always listen to you. Please, do not take the route that Heather took. You don't know the people that are going to suffer the rest of their life with the pain. It doesn't go away.

I have been trying to figure out if I should even keep this site going. Yes, there are people that follow it, but am I really helping anyone? Well, I just met a new neighbor. Imagine my surprise when she saw our magnet on the door and said she has shared our site! Small world! Well, I will take that as a sign that I need to keep this site going.

The flu hit me hard this year. I'm just getting over this (thankfully). I have been working on the re-write of my book and hopefully, it will help more. Instead of just the pain, I am trying to add hope. That isn't always as easy as it sounds. I put myself back there and well, the pain is still there. It's a pain that I will never overcome. I accept that. When I hear that someone has decided to save their life and get some help, it does feel better. Not everyone feels comfortable sharing about suicide. I understand.

What we need to do is to stop making suicide a taboo subject. If we can't talk about, we will never be able to save the lives of those that we love. Each time you share that you are at the end of your rope and find a reason to keep going, that can lead to helping others! Please, share your pain and share that there is hope. Together, we can slow down to escalator to Heaven. Some times, it feels more like a wind tunnel. Too many lost lives. Let's save a life today! Cheer someone up! Tell them how much they mean to you. Tell them there lives would be so painful without them. Let people know that they are worth it!

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

RIP Heather

No One is Perfect

Happy Birthday Heather - I love you! Always!