Heather Didn't Want To Live In This World


As I look around at the different things going on in this world, I can totally comprehend why Heather didn't want to live in this world. Granted, I wish I could have stopped her, but it was her decision and there is no undo button in life.

This past weekend, for the most part, I had to shut down social media.I just couldn't take it anymore. We had the largest gathering I have ever heard about, scattered around the USA, for women's rights. I had such hopes for this gathering. However, I had to shut it off. While the leaders of this gathering could have been proud and used this gathering to enable real change, instead, it was mostly spent trashing our new President and asking for his resignation. Really? Those are the changes you want? How about equal pay? Well, let's see, the majority of the speakers were from Hollywood and to be honest, you couldn't get the furthest from equal pay there. Oh yes, they work so hard - sometimes 18 hour days. Of course, they deserve millions for their time memorizing lines. Let's be real, nurses, etc work those hours and enable real change and well-being in people's lives.

If this was supposed to effect the outcome of the election, they should have held this rally before the election. This election ended 2-1/2 months ago! The time for that voice is long past. Imagine what could have happened as a result of this weekend if those in charge offered real solutions. Instead of trashing our new President, they could have offered real solutions and because of the turn-out, they could have gotten the ear of our President and actually talked to him and opened up lines of communication. Nope, they just wanted to whine.

Next on this weekend was the playoffs for the Superbowl. Again, I didn't watch any good sportsmanship going on here. I heard fans just trashing the other teams. Really? When I participated in sports, win or lose, we congratulated the other team on a game well played. This morning, I still see people trashing the losing team. To what point?

I would love to see a world where we built each other up instead of ripping each other apart. While I miss Heather tremendously, there is nothing I can do to change it. I can voice my opinion that we need to treat others how we want to be treated. Stop whining and start reaching out with some real solutions. If you don't like what you have, be the change you want to see.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

RIP Heather

No One is Perfect

Happy Birthday Heather - I love you! Always!